Skills are abilities that tend to be extremely useful or extremely entertaining. If you have some free time on your hands and are looking for some cool skills to learn, this is the perfect article for you. In this article, we’ll share ten skills that will make your social gatherings with your friends ten times more fun.
- Archery – The movie Hunger Games truly threw archery into the spotlight as a thoroughly captivating sport; however, the chances that you’ll actually need to use a cross and a bow are slim. Darts, on the other hand, are a regular presence at bars and other informal social gatherings. Archery is not only a cool sport; it will help you increase your aim, improve your upper body fitness and make you a pro at throwing darts. And who knows, maybe one day you may have to use a cross and a bow.
- Knitting – Now, before you disregard this skill, remember that knitting is entertaining, useful, and can also be a financially charged skill. Quality knitwear sells for a considerate amount of money. Your knitting skills can also help you be more creative and make some scarfs or even sweaters for you and your loved ones.
- Portrait Drawing – Portrait drawing is a skill based on drawing accurate depictions of people in a short amount of time. This can be a great party trick. Art is also an excellent outlet for self-expression and creativity. You can use this skill at parties, as earlier mentioned, or you can use it to create thoughtful gifts for loved ones.
- Ax Throwing – Now, while this is a skill that should only be learned under the tutelage of a professional, ax throwing is a really cool skill that is bound to impress anyone. After mastering this skill, you can also go on to compete in competitions just for the fun of it.
- Learning How to Play the Guitar – Music is a beautiful common ground for the world. Instruments can range from beginner guitars to more advanced or vintage guitars. The guitar is a stringed instrument which makes it easy for beginners. If you’re a lover of music, you should definitely start with the guitar. Almost every song can be played on the guitar, and purchasing one is fairly inexpensive. You can always purchase vintage guitars at your local thrift store or online. Vintage guitars are great because they often tell a story. If you’re diligent, you’ll be playing your favorite song on vintage guitars in less than three months.
- Learn a New Language – Learning a new language seems to be the craze nowadays, and it’s for a good reason. It’s extremely beneficial to be bilingual or trilingual in a rapidly globalizing society. Rosetta Stone is the most common software to use as a guide to learning a new language.
- Home Organization – While this may not sound like a valid skill, it is. Home organization is something a lot of us struggle with. Home organization saves you time and effort. Home organization helps you maintain a cleaner space which helps you maintain a clearer mind.
- Culinary Skills – Although it’s great to order takeout or fast food every once in a while, the long-term effects may either be financially prominent or health-wise. Cooking is an amazing, life-saving skill that will help you live a longer and healthier life.
- Rudimentary Home Repairs – On average, an American homeowner spends around $9,000 on home repairs yearly. The little home repairs add up at the end of the day. Learning little skills like painting, how to change a faucet, and how to fix a doorknob can be very helpful and money-saving.
- How to Do the Cartwheel, Splits, and Backbend – Fitness is important for our health, and it can also be very fun. Skills such as these are playful and entertaining. Not every skill has to be useful, and it’s important to learn things just for yourself every once in a while.
You can choose to strum on vintage guitars, learn how to make world-class dishes, make a cute sweater, or throw a mean ax. These are ten skills you can try out today! You’re only a few years from mastery!